The internationally recognised growth mind-set and skills-development training academy dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for young people across the Globe. Students are inspired, guided and mentored on how to challenge their assumptions, broaden their aspirations and create successful careers and fulfilling lifestyles.
PILLARS OF EMPOWERMENT
Economics – Money, opportunity, abundance and financial mastery.
Self and others – Mental, physical, emotional and spiritual.
Prosperity – Contentment, joy, pleasure, growth and passion.
Personal and Professional – Accomplishments, purpose, direction and goals.
- Having a powerful advantage at success
- Skills and tools for life
- Join a global network of like-minded peers
- Subject-matter experts in live coaching sessions
- Internships, apprenticeships and employment opportunities
- Exclusive competitions, prizes, VIP tickets & more
- Learn and Earn programme
- Welcome gift on enrolment
- Goodwill: Enrol-One-Sponsor-One
EMPOWERED YOUTH ACADEMY
✅ IS FOR YOU IF...
- You want a life of Prosperity: wealth, health, happiness and explosive success!
- You’re eager to join a global community of likeminded people who offer continuous support, guidance and mentorship.
- You like the concept of fast absorption, rapid realisation and practical implementation.
- You’re sick and tired of just surviving and have decided that it’s your time to thrive!
- You’re excited to grow your skill-set and take part in a fun, yet challenging programme. 😀
❌ ISN'T FOR YOU IF...
- You think you’re too old, lazy, cool or scared to learn new skills and become the best version of yourself.
- You don’t like the digital world and prefer boring textbooks and classrooms that smell like Old Spice and sadness.
- You’re not willing to commit the effort it takes to become successful – This is an in-depth programme with content and coaches that guarantee results.
- You plan on win the Lottery one day or plan on just marrying someone rich so don’t need to have your own skills.
- You hate fun, think you know everything, and are going to be a pain-in-the-butt for my team and I to work with! 🙁
Your Money Mojo
How to Learn Quickly and Smash Your Exams
The Art of Pitching
Killer CV’s and Nailing the Job Interview
Leadership and Mindfulness
Sales 101 & The Importance of Smiling
Self-discovery is Self-worth
Your Communication Toolkit
W.T.F? – What’s The Future?
Environment and Climate (Sustainability)
Ikigai: Passion + Purpose
Kaizen: Constant Expansion and Improvement of Oneself
Health: Mental, Physical and EQ
Courage & Facing Fear
Money Making Ideas
The Dark Stuff: Bullying, Drugs and Even Death
Self-Belief… Is Your Everything
The Wheel of Life
Starting Your Own Business
- Re-motivate students re-engage with staff after a highly disruptive 2 years of inconsistent learning.
- Positively enhance the quality of lives of young people in an impactful and measurable manner.
- To operate as a third party separate from the educational institute in order to meet the students on their level, build trust and guide them.
• Offer students guidance towards opportunities of internships, work experience opportunities and more.
• Help students build confidence, grit, self-belief, critical thinking and many other skills that allow them to live fulfilling and prosperous lives full of contribution, passion and purpose.
• Add value and increase to student’s lives regardless of their background.
- Focusing on mental health, growth mindset, and a willingness to learn.
- Enabling students to be “real-world” ready once they finish their studies.
- Including parents in the coaching programme – Optional but not additional
• Encourage students to challenge their aspirations and broaden their horizons.
• Enhance student’s self-belief abilities and decision-making skills.
• Empower students by providing resources, skills, tools and opportunities for personal growth.
• Demonstrate to students the core qualities that lead to prosperity and a life of purpose.
• Providing students with advice and access to further learning opportunities.
• Constant messaging aimed towards employability and entrepreneurship, financial literacy, and real-world readiness
• Guide students in their development of personal, community, and global leadership skills.
- A strong sense of identity, confidence, and wellbeing.
- A strengthened bond between student and parents.
- Students develop a willingness-to-learn.
- An understanding of what is needed to unlock one’s full potential.
• Students understand what is needed to unlock their potential.
• Students are connected with and contribute to their world.
• Students are effective communicators.
• Students understand the benefit of continuous learning and helping others.
• Students are connected with and contribute to their world.
• Students are effective communicators.
• Students understand the benefit of continuous learning.
The live interactive coaching sessions, video tutorials, workbooks and challenges are all delivered virtually. Each week, we alternate between live coaching sessions and video tutorials which are unlocked and accessed on the Empowered Youth Academy portal.
- 12 Months
- 25 x Live Interactive Coaching Sessions
- 25 x Video Tutorials
- 25 x Workbooks
- 25 x Challenges
- 12 x Parents Sessions
- Pre- and Post- training progress evaluation
- Ongoing support and further opportunities
- Certificate of Completion and Letter of Acknowledgment
Total: 60 to 80 hours over 12 months
25 x Live Interactive Coaching Sessions which are 35 to 45 minutes each depending on topic and student participation.
25 x Video Tutorials which are +- 25 minutes in duration and are accompanied by a Workbook to take notes in, and a Challenge which can take anything between 15 minutes and 2 hours to complete.
12 x Parents Sessions which are +- 25 minutes each.
Each student that joins the Empowered Youth Academy will indirectly sponsor a student-in-need with the same opportunity through the Greg Secker Foundation’s international outreach programme. Free access to the Academy will be made available to a deserving student from a Youth Group, NPO, YOI, or disadvantaged school on your behalf.
Regions include the UK, South Africa, Kenya, India, and the Philippines.
Co-Founder and Managing Director of Empowered-Youth.
Dene is a self-taught entrepreneur who has dedicated the past 16 years of his life dedicated to training young people on essential life-skills that bridge the gap between the teenager years and adulthood. His highly active and diverse personal and professional life has allowed him to inspire, guide and mentor tens of thousands of young people from around the globe, regardless of the backgrounds, to broaden their horizons, challenge their aspirations and live their ultimate lives.
Starting with a ‘Salesman of the year’ award in Grade 1, he was on stage in professional productions at seven, modelling for international magazines at 10 and starting several businesses that saw him earning more than his teachers while still at school Experience as an estate agent, forex trader and coach, extreme athlete, brand ambassador, event commentator, MC, motivational speaker and surf-coach trainer, and even a small-restaurant owner, along with extensive international travel, culminated in his ultimate career-path – assisting teenagers and young adults to improve their future prospects and quality of life.
Empowered Youth, Inspired Youth and Empowered-Youth he believes, are a culmination of his life’s work. Presenting & performing, motivating & coaching, and an undeniable passion for the youth as a whole. He’s been working since the age of 13 y/o and his passion and determination is what has lead him and his business, Empowered Youth, to become leaders within the Inspiration and Guidance industries.
Dene has the skill of presenting formal and educational content, in a cool manner with an underlying brand awareness objective.
From hosting live music festivals to commentating extreme sports events, international modelling for print and ramp (Including being one of the highly acclaimed Cosmopolitan Calendar guys in 2009), radio show host to shooting over a hundred TV commercials and even presenting TV shows and winning several reality TV shows (Including South Africa’s Most Irresistible Man in 2011) naked sky-diving to raise money for Rhino conservation and now hosting Empowered Youth content at live events, on TV, radio and digital platforms, Dene has a strong presenter presence and the ability promote a brand, work a crowd, get the energy flowing, and provide guests with relevant info… in a fun, aspirational, informative and professional manner.
Dene now hops between London, which he currently calls home, Cape Town and Johannesburg for work as the Empowered Youth movement has gained interest from many leading companies, educational institutes, Government departments, overseas investors and media from all corners of the globe. Having been featured in Fast Company Magazine as one of “2018’s Most Creative People in Business” and a double page article in GQ South Africa the following month, Dene has become one of the leading authorities in anything relating to Youth Skills Development and Training.
Earlier in 2019 the company received huge interest from several international partners and Empowered-Youth was born – The UK version of Empowered Youth set to improve the lives of millions of teens and students in and around the UK and abroad.
An excellent understanding of the core elements needed for employability, money management and mental growth. This is great, Dene is inspiration and a phenomenal trainer.Stephen (16)
I know now that I must get off my butt and start living MY life! Also that I should spend less and invest more. Wonderful lessons. The workbooks and challenges are great too.Sharmila (17)
Really amazing course! Easy to follow, easy to understand, and huge amount of value. Thanks @Mom, I'll start looking for a job and leave home soon! LOL. No seriously, thanks it was great.Denis (18)
Dene is super motivational! A very inspiring person who's really passionate about his work. He was very energetic when delivering the lessons, and he’s only "39 years young"! Hahaha I really enjoyed this.Nicole (15)
The program exceeded my expectations, it was really impactful and I know Ricky (16) will use many of the lessons throughout his professional career and his personal life too. Highly recommended.Ricky's Dad
My daughter Yolanda (17) really enjoyed the course. It was fantastic to see her learning and then implementing the knowledge on a regular basis. It gives us such comfort to see her confidence levels soring, thankz Empowered Youth!Yolanda's Mom
I really enjoyed every lesson, the whole thing was eye opening, I got the most important information that I believe I needed all this time, I am grateful for this opportunity.Raven (18)